Tess can provide support tailored to the needs and wishes of your students to enable them to find employment, to live independently in their own home or to prepare to work or live independently in the future.
By becoming involved with the young person and their family before they leave school or college we can enable a smooth transition from leaving education to their next step towards adulthood.
We are able to attend school or college reviews where we can raise aspirations and focus both the student and the family on the way forward. At the reviews we can provide information on the various support available from Tess, we can give general advice on welfare benefits and Personal Budgets.
The types of service we provide to support independent living are:
- Read and interpret mail and support any necessary action
- Check receiving all eligible benefits
- Check that the criteria for the benefits continue to be met by regular monitoring
- Renew Working Tax Credits
- Financial management i.e. budget setting, monitoring bank accounts.
- Support for appointments with CAB, district Council, etc
- Build up natural support networks
- Wellbeing and managing risk i.e keeping safe, safe routes, travel training, encouraging healthy lifestyles, sexual health, attending health appointments, shopping and cooking
- Accessing local community for services and social integration
- Booking and supporting holidays
Many of our training packages can be adapted and delivered by our Personal Coach in customers own home, for instance Survival Cooking. Using their own equipment they can learn to safely prepare a fresh, few tasty and nutritious meals independently.
There is no charge to have a repesentative from Tess attend school or college reviews, any service purchased by the student will be paid by the student using, where applicable their Personal Budget.